Saturday, April 4, 2015

(10) A happy heART! <3

 Dalí, Van Gogh, Monet, Andy Warhol, Picasso and more! While in Europe I have had the opportunity to go to multiple art museums including the Gallery of Art Prague, the Tate Modern in London and the National Gallery in London. While at each of these museums I was on cloud nine. Art has always been a large interest of mine. That's is why I am in Visual Communication and Design. 
The Gallery of Art Prague
One of my favorite artists is Salvador Dalí. There were exhibits in Olomouc and Prague that I went and viewed. For those that don't know Dalí's artwork is very unique, he is a surrealist painter. At the Gallery of Art in Prague I saw one of his more popular pieces The Persistence of Memory. This was a very exciting moment for me. Also while I was the gallery in Prague there was an Andy Warhol exhibit. Warhol is pop art artist. He his well-known for his Campbell's Soup Cans and Marilyn Monroe prints.  
Salvador Dalí, The Persistence of Memory
Andy Warhol. Campbell's Soup Prints

While visiting London I went to the Tate Modern and the National Gallery. The National Gallery contained works from the 13th Century through the 19th Century. At this gallery I was able to see  paintings of yet another one of my favorite artist, Vincent Van Gogh. Van Gogh is known for painting sunflowers and a variety of landscapes. They had several of his paintings there (I made sure to take a picture of every single one). 
Vincent Van Gogh, Wheat Field with Cypresses


Vincent Van Gogh, Sunflowers.


The Tate Modern was by far my favorite museum and place in London. I was so excited by all of the art work I even teared up. There was wonderful works of art by artist I knew and pieces of art by artist I had never heard of. I was particularly excited to see and take pictures with several Picassos and another piece by Salvador Dalí. 


Pablo Picasso, The Three Dancers
Salvador Dalí, Metamorphosis of Narcissus


There are so many more I could talk about and show pictures of but these are some of my favorites I saw.  I can't wait to go to more art museums! 

No comments:

Post a Comment